Edmond Bedrossian, DDS
Meet Dr. Bedrossian
Dr. Edmond Bedrossian graduated from the University of San Francisco in 1981. He completed his training in 1986 at the University of The Pacific, School of Dentistry and completed a four-year Oral & Maxillofacial Residency training program at the Alameda Medical Center. In addition to private practice, Dr. Bedrossian is the Director of the Surgical Implant training program for both the Oral and Maxillofacial (OMFS) residents at Highland Hospital, Alameda Medical Center and the undergraduate DDS/IDS students at the University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry.
Since he began teaching in 1990, Dr. Bedrossian has taught in multiple venues and to different levels of students from undergraduates to surgical residents. He conducts a weekly treatment planning conference at both locations. He has also directed the implant program for the AEGD residents. Since 2012, he has offered an annual selective course, “Fundamentals for Understanding Implant Treatment Planning and Techniques”, to the DDS/IDS students in San Francisco.
Dr. Bedrossian is recognized as an expert in the field of dental implants and has given numerous presentations on the subject both nationally and internationally between 2004 and the present. He has also led several long-running study clubs related to this topic. In addition, he has lectured internationally with Professor Brånemark on various topics, specially the rehabilitation of patients with maxillofacial defects.
Dr. Bedrossian is a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and a Fellow of the American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. Dr. Bedrossian is on the Editorial Board of The International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Implants, The Journal of California Dental Association, as well as Clinical Implant Dentistry and Related Research.
Dr. Bedrossian has obtained fellowships in the following organizations: American Dental Association, the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (1995), American College of Dentists(1993), International College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (1995), the Academy of Osseoinegration (2011) as well as the distinguished Pierre Fauchard Academy (1989).
His Academic appointments and Accomplishments also include:
- Clinical Professor at the University of the Pacific Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry.
- ssociate Professor at the University of California San Francisco.
- Dr. Bedrossian is the past president of the San Francisco Dental Society 1997-1998.
- He is a former trustee of the California Dental Association,
- He is a former member of the Board of Directors of the Northern California Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- Dr. Bedrossian is a past President of the Pacific Dugoni Education Foundation Board.
- He is a member of the PI Branemark Foundation Board.
- He lectures extensively to his colleagues on the treatment planning for oral surgical and implant patients.
- He has multiple International publications in Refereed Journals as well as multiple Textbook Chapters on the topic of treatment planning patients needing dental implants.
- Dr. Bedrossian is currently active and leads an International study for the treatment of patients with advanced resorption of their jaws.
- He is a leading researcher in the use of the Zygomatic implant as well as the use of Computerized Surgical approaches for the treatment of patients missing teeth as well as patient with maxillofacial defects.
- He is the current treasurer of the California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
- He is a delegate to the AAOMS